Highlights of 2007:
With so many events over the past few years it was time to take a break from performing and work at developing our skills, which constant preparation for performance doesn’t allow us to do. So the first six months of 2007 were a quiet time for the handbell team. The only event we attended was the National Handbell Ringing Weekend at Hatfield in April. Not all the team were able to attend but those who did enjoyed the weekend and found the workshops valuable.
Annual report 2007 (click to view pdf)
Calendar ((in reverse chronological order):
- Celebration of Christmas at St Lawrence, Chobham.
- Carols for all at High Cross church, Camberley.
- Carol Service at Our Lady and St. Dominic, Farnborough.
- Carols for the Women’s Institute at Chobham village hall
Plus our usual round of performances for residential homes and community events in the area.
November: SE Region handbell festival service, Guildford Cathedral.
Sept/Oct: Chobham Festival
- Festival Songs of Praise, St Lawrence Church, Chobham
- Ringing workshops in local primary schools
September: Regional events in Kent and Surrey
August: Some of the team visited Barbados, along with Alan Collings and members of Senlac Bells
Click here for a reminder of our previous trip to Barbados in 1999
July: Concert at St Anne’s Church in Bagshot
June: Noye’s Fludde at Alexandra Palace
April: Handbell Ringers of Great Britain National Rally at Hatfield.